One of the primary reasons consumers purchase a dietary supplement or healthy food is to support gastrointestinal health (1). Of these gut health products, probiotics — defined by the International Scientific Association for Probiotics and Prebiotics as “live microorganisms that, when administered in adequate amounts, confer a health benefit on the host” — accounted for over 82% of sales of the total digestive health market in 2017 (2, 3).
Accordingly, Isagenix created the IsaBiome Daily Digestive Health System to provide a two-pronged, state-of-the-art approach for supporting overall digestive health:
- IsaBiome Digestive Enzymes consists of either 13 or 15 carefully chosen enzymes (for vegetarian and conventional diets, respectively) to enhance food digestion, nutrient availability, and absorption.
- IsaBiome Probiotics is an evidence-based, expertly created dietary supplement composed of a novel formulation of live probiotics that work collectively to help restore a healthy, diverse gut microbiome.
But beyond promoting healthy digestion and a thriving microbiome, did you know that IsaBiome Probiotics may also be a key player in supporting healthy aging?
Healthy Aging Requires a Strong Immune System
According to a recent expert panel, healthy aging encompasses a holistic focus on the mind and body through the optimization of physical and cognitive functions (4). Healthy aging also requires an ever-vigilant immune system that, like a combination smoke alarm detector and home security system, keeps our body safe from invaders — in this case, bacteria, viruses, and toxins.
Unfortunately, aging is associated with a deteriorating immune response, and there is increasing evidence that as we age, our microbiome loses diversity (5, 6). This reduction in bacterial variety in the lining of our gastrointestinal tract disrupts our gut microbiome, resulting in GI dysfunction with potentially harmful effects on our overall health and wellness.
Why focus on your gut microbiome? Because your gut microbiome — containing an estimated 10-100 trillion microorganisms — is a primary source of many of those cell types that control your immunity (7). Approximately 70% of your immune system is in your gut.
IsaBiome: A State-of-the-Art Digestive Health System for Your Gut Microbiome
Like IsaBiome Digestive Enzymes, IsaBiome Probiotics was also formulated for both conventional and vegetarian diets and contains 25 billion CFU (colony-forming units) of live bacteria per serving. Moreover, the probiotics provide a three-stage viability guarantee:
- Microencapsulation to protect the probiotics.
- Digestion-resistant capsules to ensure the live microbes effectively reach the gut.
- An advanced bottling technology to minimize moisture and humidity that could otherwise kill the healthy bacteria.
So, consider pampering your gut microbiome by adding the IsaBiome Daily Digestive Health System to your everyday healthy aging regimen. And for maintaining a healthy gut/immune system balance during aging, consider daily use of prebiotic- and fiber-rich IsaLean® Shake for the healthy bacteria to thrive within your gut and Immune Shake Booster to support an active immune response.
- Kerry Global Consumer Survey – Digestive & Immune Health, 2019.
- Hill C, Guarner F, Reid G et al. The International Scientific Association for Probiotics and Prebiotics consensus statement on the scope and appropriate use of the term probiotic. Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 2014; 11:506-514.
- Markets and Markets Probiotic Market, Sept. 2017.
- Marsman D, Belsky DW, Gregori D et al. Healthy ageing: the natural consequences of good nutrition-a conference report. Eur J Nutr; 57(Suppl 2): 15-34.
- Müller L, Di Benedetto S, Pawelec G. The Immune System and Its Dysregulation with Aging. In: Harris J., Korolchuk V. (eds) Biochemistry and Cell Biology of Ageing: Part II Clinical Science. Subcellular Biochemistry, vol 91, 2019. Springer, Singapore.
- Kumar M, Singh P, Murugesan S et al. Microbiome as an immunological modifier. Methods Mol Biol 2020; 2055:595-638.
- Sender R, Fuchs S, Milo R. Revised estimates for the number of human and bacteria cells in the body. PLoS Biol 2016;14(8):e1002533.
The post IsaBiome Probiotics for a Diverse Gut Microbiome and Healthy Aging appeared first on Isagenix Health.
*** Please note that you are accessing Isagenix content that contains information and claims that are specific to the United States and are only appropriate for use in that country.