AMPED Nitro is a pre-workout drink powder designed to improve your efforts in the gym. The combination of ingredients in this product can boost not only your muscles but also your mental performance.
Let us explain: Caffeine and creatine are ingredients in Nitro that energize the body and the mind. The scientific literature suggests that regular intake of moderate doses of caffeine and creatine can be beneficial for long-term brain health.
Caffeine Keeps You Alert and Sharp
It’s no surprise that caffeine can boost mental alertness. That’s why over 80 percent of adults in the United States report regularly consuming caffeine and caffeinated beverages, making it one of the most widely used substances in the country (1).
The reason caffeine works is because it stimulates the central nervous system to promote alertness and cognition. Studies show that 75 to 150 milligrams of caffeine can increase measures of alertness and attention, while doses of up to 200 milligrams repeatedly improve mood states (1, 2).
Caffeine has been extensively studied for its effects on cognition and physical performance. Regular caffeine consumption has been associated with higher ratings of alertness and mood and lower ratings of mental fatigue. With consistent consumption, caffeinated beverages like coffee have consistent effects on attention and task performance (3).
Studies of seniors have shown that age-related declines in memory may be attenuated with regular caffeine consumption. The caffeine in one to two cups of coffee each morning was shown to prevent performance declines even in the early afternoon. Working memory and reaction time have also been shown to improve in older individuals who consume caffeine (4).
AMPED Nitro provides 100 milligrams of natural caffeine from tea leaves per serving.
Creatine Enhances Cognition
For years, creatine has been known for its muscle-building benefits. However, it has also been shown to play a role in brain health (5).
The brain is highly metabolically active, accounting for roughly 20 percent of basal metabolism (6). Creatine supplementation enables the brain to constantly regenerate ATP, a molecule that supplies energy to our cells, which enhances cognition.
Creatine stores naturally diminish as we age, making supplementation even more critical. Taking creatine regularly can help increase the stores in the brain (7). This is important because the main function of creatine is to supply readily available energy to organs and tissues that have increased energy demands, such as brain and muscle.
AMPED Nitro provides 3 grams of creatine monohydrate per serving.
Better Blood Flow to the Brain
Aside from creatine and caffeine, AMPED Nitro also contains other brain-supporting ingredients such as Nitrosigine®, a highly bioavailable source of arginine.*
In a recent study, Nitrosigine® improved cognition, processing speed, and executive functioning in individuals taking a dose of 1,500 milligrams per day (8). The reason is that arginine increases nitric oxide production for better blood flow and enhanced delivery of oxygen to the brain (8).
AMPED Nitro contains 1,500 milligrams of Nitrosigine® per serving.
While better mental performance might allow you to make quick decisions during sports, you don’t have to be an athlete to glean the benefits of AMPED Nitro. A scoop of Nitro can fuel an intense workout, but it can also promote intense focus on difficult tasks or important meetings. The science suggests that regular use of the individual ingredients in Nitro can help keep your mind sharp over the long term.
*Nitrosigine is a registered trademark of Nutrition 21, LLC and is patent protected.
- McLellan TM, Caldwell JA, and Lieberman HR. A review of caffeine’s effects on cognitive, physical and occupational performance. Neuro Biobehav Rev. 2016 Sep 6; 71: 294.
- Pasman WJ, Boessen R, Donner Y, et al. Effect of caffeine on attention and alertness measured in a home-setting, using web-based cognition tests. JMI Res Protoc. 2017 Sep 7; 6(9): e169.
- Haskell-Ramsay CF, Jackson PA, Forster JS, et al. The acute effects of caffeinated black coffee on cognition and mood in healthy young and older adults. Nutrients. 2018 Sep; 10(10): 1386.
- Nehlig A. Effects of coffee/caffeine on brain health and disease: what should I tell my patients? Pract Neurol. 2016; 16: 89-95.
- Rae CD and Bröer S. Creatine as a booster for human brain function. How might it work? Neurochem Int. 2015 Aug; 89: 249-59.
- Dolan E, Gualano B, and Rawson ES. Beyond muscle: the effects of creatine supplementation on brain creatine, cognitive processing, and traumatic brain injury. Eur J Sport Sci. 2019; 19(1): 1-14.
- Avgerinos KI, Spyrou N, Bougioukas KI, and Kapogiannis D. Effects of creatine supplementation on cognitive function of healthy individuals: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Exper Geront. 2018 Apr; 108: 166-73.
- Kalman D, Harvey PD, Perez Ojalvo S. Randomized prospective double-blind studies to evaluate the cognitive effects of inositol-stabilized arginine silicate in healthy physically active adults. Nutrients. 2016 Nov 18; 8(11): E736.
The post AMPED Nitro: Good for Your Workouts, Good for Your Brain appeared first on Isagenix Health.
*** Please note that you are accessing Isagenix content that contains information and claims that are specific to the United States and are only appropriate for use in that country.